How do I change my network name (SSID) and password?
Changing your SSID and Password on your SmartRG router:
- Connect to your network via ethernet or wireless
- Open a web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari and type http://192.168.1.1 in the URL field and press Enter.
- Enter “admin” without the quotations for the username. Use “admin’ again for the password.
- Go to the “WIFI” option at the top.
- In the WIFI menu, click on the “2.4Ghz Wireless” option on the left side menu.
- Scroll down to “Primary SSID Configuration” and you will see the SSID field, as well as the Key (password) field. Change those to what you’d like, and then save your changes. You can repeat this step for the 5Ghz network, but please note that SmartRGs by default automatically negotiate which network they should be on based on both your device and congestion. If you keep the SSIDs and passwords for the 2.4G and 5G networks the same, this behavior will continue.
If you experience any issues, contact support at (844)847-6253 to obtain your wifi password.